This Task focused on the application of PVT collectors with the aim to assess existing solutions and to develop new system solution principles in which the PVT technology really offers advantages over the classical “side by side installations” of solar thermal collectors and PV modules. Energy production, competitive cost, safety, and reliability of systems were in the scope of the Task!
The objectives of the Task were to:
- Provide an overview on the present (2018-2020) state-of-the-art of PVT technology worldwide.
- Gather the results and the operating experience made with the systems in which PVT collectors are integrated.
- Improve the testing, modeling, and adequate technical characterization of PVT collectors in order to enhance (and simplify) the correct inclusion of the PVT technology in simulation programs and planning tools.
- Address all types of PVT collectors since the current markets have made no clear choices.
- Find more typical PVT solutions besides the two applications which are well known, i. e. regeneration of bore-hole storages and pre-heating of DHW for multi-family houses.
- Explore potential cost reductions in the balance of systems, i.e. piping technology and materials, hydraulics, controls etc.
- Increase awareness of PVT.
- Support the "re-start" of the PVT industry.